Unexpected Changes In Life and In the Kitchen

Moss Landing beach

Last year, about a year ago, my life changed unexpected changes.  I was having issues with my knees and I thought it was a phase, a minor injury, or something.  Then "BAM" I tore my cartilage in my knee, and found out that I have arthritis in the moderate to severe stages.  Who needs knees?

Apparently I do.

I am amazed with all the things I use them for such as walking, cooking, standing, and such. This has caused great delays in my life, and challenges otherwise not anticipated.  

One of those things is my food.  I have to drop weight to help with the ol'knees.  This is happening, but it's in part because sugar is no longer a part of my diet.  This is a new challenge especially for canning.   

Another change is my ability to stand for long periods, say 15 minutes.  Since all my food prep is by hand (oooo hand cutting for canning) I have to find new recipes and items for my canning and food preparations. Yeah challenges!  

With summer here it's really making me want to pickle and preserve and other food preservation techniques.  Also, I have to finish the #fijchallenge that I started!

For the Love of shrubs, wish me luck! 





Comments